This post is mainly written for women but single men can gain some nice tips here also, so both sexes are encouraged to read because of the practical dating advise. I have never read any dating articles on the subject of having a compatible mattress for dating couples, so I threw that one in about being “mattress prepared” as tip #10. Yes, this is a mattress and bedding website but sometimes we might venture off onto some other slightly related topics. I hope you don’t mind. Okay, let’s get started.
The world is now wholly focused on integrating online life and real, offline life into the same space as much as possible, meaning that something like online dating is the perfect combination. This is, as the name suggests, dating through an online service. You meet and chat with dates online before meeting up in person when both sides are interested. Sounds pretty easy, right? The reality is, online dating for women can be a hard road, as not everyone online is as squeaky clean and real as they appear to be at first glance. Here are some great tips to help make sure that every woman stays safe and happy when dating online.
Look for personal recommendations: The first thing is finding an online dating platform that is going to be the right pick. Some will help make sure that you can eliminate spam or potentially bad matches in terms of protection. You need to do your homework, as for recommendations from friends who have found online dating to be useful. Then, take those recommendations and do your own research in terms picking the right one to try.
Search for yourself: When you choose the right platform and sign up, the temptation is to sit back and let the requests start rolling in, but don’t be afraid to really explore around in terms of reaching out to interesting profiles yourself. Dating is a two-way street and you want to make sure that you are going your part at finding interesting matches. Embrace your woman power and start the hunt within the website yourself while also enjoying the messages that may come in.
Explore yourself through photos: You’ll want to post photos on the dating profile that are true to yourself. This means that you shouldn’t necessarily use all of them with a filter. Go for 3 or 4 so that you can have a few different ways of showing off your personality and your expressions through them. They need to be genuine and honest in showing yourself off in a flattering light but also an honest one.
Move at your own pace: Everyone is different in how you will want to move forward. Some want to get right on the idea of planning a date, whereas others will want to talk for a bit first and then gently move into the idea of getting together for a date. Regardless of which path you choose, there’s nothing wrong with it. The only thing that you can do wrong is not engaging or getting frightened away by someone who is moving at a different pace. Remember that online dating as to work at your own pace just like traditional dating would.
Don’t let one bad experience scare you away: If you have the unfortunate situation of meeting a bad person who starts getting aggressive or rude or something, take it with a grain of salt, take some time to heal, and then go back at it. Just because you have one jerk who doesn’t know how to treat you doesn’t mean that all of the potential dates are jerks right? Get back in the saddle and enjoy dating again. This is why, of course, choosing the right platform is so important in the first place.
Don’t lie. Not even a white one: We’re all tempted to fudge a few of the details in our online dating profiles, but you have to remember that you are trying to focus on being honest just like you would on a traditional date. You must focus on the fact that you are going to be able to make a good impression by connecting with the right person, which is only going to be done through being honest. You’ll want to make sure that you can put your best foot forward in terms of not getting caught in a lie that, really, you didn’t need to tell.
Trust your gut: If someone that you’re talking to feels like they’re too good to be true, then you need to trust your gut to tell you whether this person is a scam or the real deal. Sometimes smart daters are good at getting through to meet women and then turn out to be total scum. So, if your gut is telling you that something is off about a particular person your’e talking to, then trust it. It’s the same thing as when you meet a guy at a bar. You know when something doesn’t feel quite right.
Be patient in your search: It may take a while to find the right match on the website, but remember that you are going to know it when it comes, and it will be well worth the wait. You just need to make sure that you are on the hunt and trying it out. After all, how are you going to know what “right” is, unless you know what “wrong” is?
Set realistic expectations: Time for the gloves to come off, girls. You may not find the perfect match online. This is not due to the fact that you can’t find the right match online, it’s just that it may not be there yet. You want to make sure that you enjoy the dating site but don’t throw aside match after match just because there’s nothing not “perfect” about a person. You need to make sure that you are enjoying dating just like you would in a traditional sense.
- Be “mattress prepared” Are you sleeping on a double size bed or worse a single size mattress? It’s time to think ahead if you are about to meet Mr. Right or Mr. Good Enough. You know what I’m talking about and if your mattress is already a few years old, it might be time for an upgrade already. Most couples need a king size or California king or else you could be sleeping on top of each other. That might be ok at first but very quickly that needs to change. People need their space and frankly most people need the elbow room that a king size mattress provides for couples. Sheets need to stay cleaned and ready with little or no notice. Want to know where to buy a mattress? Because of the lengthy trial periods that are often over 100+ days to try out the mattress along with 100% refunds for returns, the best place to buy a mattress today is online. How to choose a mattress is up to you, list your needs and compare. Visit our best sheets page, bed size dimensions page and our favorite mattress picks for couples.
Online dating can be a lot of fun and can lead to some great results, but you’ll want to make sure that you are doing all of the right things to draw someone in. These tips should help women who are looking to try online dating for real. It can be as fun – or more so – than traditional dating and it’s certainly convenient. All that’s left is to make the most out of it and enjoy the adventure. Next on the list are profile tips.
Dating Profile Tips
The volume and scope of online dating is quite large in terms of the sheer number of platforms that you can choose from. Some are going to be better than others, but the thing that you want to focus on when you are looking to get the most out of it, is the profile. It can be tricky to get it just right and you need to remember that you are putting yourself out there for the world to see. So, you’ll want to make sure that you are being seen in the right way to actually make someone understand a little bit of who you are while they admire your dating profile. Here are some tips to help make it work for you a little more.
11. Be honest and open: One of the worst things you can do is to lie in your profile. Whether it’s using only photos where you are heavily made-up or filtered, or the actual details about your age or weight or characteristics, focus on honesty. You want to make sure that you are attracting the right kind of attention, but the only way that you can do that is to focus on being honest. After all, someone who is attracted to you for the lies that you’ve told is going to be attracted to someone else that isn’t, really, you. Right?
12. Don’t share everything at once: It’s tempting to want to share all of your personal details to get them out of the way. Maybe it’s divorce or kids or weight loss or credit card debt. It makes sense, but you need to focus on moderation. You talk about kids or weight loss or even divorce, but do it casually and “just FYI” kind of idea. You want to charm that other person with your honesty and comfort, not assault them with details. There is such a thing as going too far with the honesty, so remember that.
13. Pick a good username: I know, I know, it’s easier said than done. Ignoring the problems of being unique in what you are choosing as your username, you will want to focus on the idea of matching the username to your personality. So, take your time and think of one that is going to feel comfortable and practical. It’s sort of like the headline of a news article or the title of a movie. The other person will judge a book by its cover – username, in this case – so you will want to make sure that it’s a good one!
14. Match the photo to the username: With that same line of thought, you will want to make sure that you match the username that you choose to the photo that you are putting forward. You want to make sure that you are relying on the combination creating a strong front. Don’t, for example, combine a sassy username with a sweet photo. Match them up to offer an honest and realistic front of what this person is going to be seeing by checking out your profile.
15. Be careful in saying what you’re not looking for: Sure, you’ll want to make sure that you are bringing in only people who are going to match what you consider to be the right people. But, don’t be too picky publicly speaking. In other words, you don’t want to have a super long list of traits that are not wanted, because it’ll feel like you are extremely picky and judgemental. After all, we all have things we want or don’t want, but you can’t get any kind of progress simply by listing them all out for someone to see. It makes you seem cruel, which isn’t the look to go for. This also goes back to tip #2. So, you can put a few things on your profile that you know you don’t want in terms of serious options, but keep it limited!
16. Don’t try to get everything perfect: Your profile needs to represent you, which means that it’s not going to be perfect. Sorry, girls, but it’s true. Your online dating profile will be the best it can be once you focus on making sure that it’s authentic, honest, realistic to you and your personality, and imperfect. Someone who reads your profile and notices that it’s not about looking or feeling a certain way is going to be drawn to that simply because it’s honest and comfortable above all else. So, you’ll want to focus on that and remember that it can actually work in your favor to not have it being totally perfect.
17. Talk directly to them within your profile: When you are actually writing your profile, don’t be afraid to talk directly to the person that you want to attract. Use “you” and “we”. This makes it more like your average conversation and it will be more comfortable for the other person to contact you directly. It helps them, essentially, get to know you and get comfortable with how you talk and feel. You can ask questions, too, as it will often draw them into a conversation if they feel that you are wanting one. Just focus on how you’d talk to someone who were hoping to date, and that will lead you down the right path.
18. Have fun!: Above all else, you need to remember that the point of your online dating profile is to have fun. You want to stop obsessing over it, enjoy it for what it is, and focus on who it’s going to bring into your life for you. It really can be that simple!
Dating – especially online – can be really fruitful and will help you to make sure that you can focus on the right things that are waiting for you in your dating life. All you have to do is make sure that you are focused on bringing it closer to you with the right profile to draw attention.